Dr. Shavitzky acts for his clients in a variety of cross-border and domestic corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financings
Dr. Shavitzky represents public and private companies and leading business people and investors. He is actively involved in the on-going business and activities of his clients, be it advising with respect to purchase/sale transactions, distribution agreements, marketing agreements, licensing agreements, equity and debt financing agreements, joint venture agreements etc. Dr. Shavitzky also regularly advises boards and managements of public and private companies on corporate governance matters.
Dr. Shavitzky clerked for the Deputy Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Israel, Eliezer Rivlin. He received his masters in law from Columbia University, after which he earned his doctorate in law from Illinois University Law School, where his research focused on questions relating to monetarily quantifying pain-and-suffering damages using psychological and economic studies.
- Representation of Impulse Dynamics N.V. in its $80 million financing round, with Amzak Health and Wellington Management acting as lead investors.
- Representation of the Lahav LR Group in the sale of its entire shareholding in SolGreen, a solar energy company, to Generation Capital.
- Representation of a medical device company in a $25 million loan facility from Kennedy Lewis Investment Management.
- Representation of the controlling shareholder in Starkist Ltd., which holds an exclusive license from Kraft Heinz to distribute in Israel all products under the Starkist brand name, in the sale of the company to the Diplomat Group.
- Representation of Impulse Dynamics N.V. in its $45 million financing round, with Goldstone Investment, a global investment company owned by the Chinese conglomerate CITIC Securities acting as lead investor.
- Representation of an investment fund of China Development Bank and Shanghai Gongbao, a Chinese investment group, as possible acquirers, in the selling process of the controlling stake of Clal Insurance by the IDB Group.
- Representation of Mr. Moti Ben Moshe and ExtraEnergie GmbH, Germany, in acquiring the controlling stake in the IDB Group, one of the largest and diverse Israeli conglomerates. Such acquisition was made as part of a court supervised debt arrangement surrounding the IDB Group (under the previous controlling shareholder) initiated by the Group’s creditors.
- Representation of the MedInvest Group and several of its portfolio companies in a $130 million loan facility with The European Investment Bank as lead lender and Morgan Stanley Bank International Limited acting as agent.
- Representation of Plimus Inc. in its sale to private equity fund Great Hill Partners for $115 million.
- Representation of the controlling shareholder in Compulab Limited in the disposition of his stake in the company to an investment group led by TechnoPlus Ventures Limited.
- Representation of Politiv Limited in a joint venture transaction relating to the establishment of a polyethylene sheets factory in Mexico.
- Representation of Amitim – Pension Funds, one of Israel’s largest institutional entities, in several investments made in the USA and Israel.
- Representation of CRG Electronics Limited in the sale of its electronic components distribution business to Avnet Inc. (NYSE:AVT).
- Representation of the Politiv Group in acquiring the business of Meteor Agricultural Nets Limited.
- Representation of Foamotive (part of the Palziv Group) in the establishment in Mexico of a plant which produces foam parts for the automotive industry.